Wednesday, January 21, 2009

COLLABORATION || McQueen for Target

McQueen for Target! Eagerly anticipated, and somewhat not what I expected. His gorgeous S/S 09 show with the wet hair look is still fresh in my mind so I guess that formed my expectations. I suppose what I always thought of McQueen is embellishment embellishment embellishment so I often forget the real pieces underneath.

I really like the pieces though. Very wearable. And the colour scheme of blues and greys are gorgeous... To little emphasis has been placed on grey, I think. Which is a great colour and very versatile.


Love the detailing on the left shoulder


This look is a little Alexander Wang


McQ does swimwear! I love this.


Ugh. Probably the only one I hate. Don't get the love for jumpsuits.


Love this look. Grey is my fave colour. I like how she looks like she's wearing a police shoulder holster. But cooler.


I love the jacket. Been on the lookout for a good leather jacket, but this cropped leather vest is slowly overtaking it.


The skinny pants are great, and I love the color. The shoes on the other hand... I don't love.


Another great jacket from McQ! Prints are okay, nothing to scream about.


Sweater's cute and it looks like it has very structured shoulders. I like.


I like this look but it's totally ruined by the leggings. :/

Pictures from Nylon Mag

Verdict - Yes, very wearable, a few McQ trademarks. Granted this is for Target, I was hoping for McQ to be a bit more 'out there'.

No comments:

Post a Comment